Subscribe to Newsletter!
For updates on new images, classes, workshops you may subscribe to my e-mail list, you may unsubscribe at any time.
If you are not receiving Newsletter, make sure your mailbox is not full or your service or company is not blocking it. You may want to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts and try to re-enter your e-mail below.
- Three new images have been added to the Hand Of man Gallery
- A new composite in a square format in the Composite Gallery. Osiligath is from the Tolkien Trilogy and was the city that was the last defense of Minas Tirith. This view, from Fort Pickens reminded me of the imaging of the city, a study in shadows. Another for the Tolkien theme images mentioned below!
- Three new images have been added to the Black and White - Hand of Man Gallery. These images are dark, even sinister, from the catacombs of Fort Pickens. I do my share of pretty images but I like it best when it purveys an feeling.
- Caged - Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands NS, FL
- Bunker - Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands NS, FL
- Left or Right? - Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands NS, FL
- A scene that leaves a lot to be discovered! And old foundry in Chattanooga which appears to be little houses with shrubs etc., but is it? Suburban Dystopia may be found in the Composite/Panoramic Gallery
- A new black and white image of Spark's Lane in Cade's Cove in the Smokies. Two visitors left their trace on a winter day. Black and White Hand of Man Gallery
- Three beautiful new panoramas have been added to the Composite Gallery. "By Gone Days" is from the Elkmont section of the Smokies. Several of these cabins are set to be demolished (they are in really bad shape!). Several others near the club house are to be restored now that funds have become available.
A Trace of Light image graces the cover of the Tennessee Conservationist for the November / December issue.
- Three more images for your consideration. Twilight Tempest was made during high tide, 30 minutes before sunrise, capturing a storm at sea. High Tide is my first split tone and another night image Over the Dunes, from Cape San Blas are offered. All in the Impressions Gallery!
- Two new composites in a square format. Composites are basically made of multiple images at time of capture to increase the resolution, allowing for more detail in large prints, and/or to change the aspect ratio (square, rectangle, panoramas). These two images are suitable for different aspects ratios also. Look for them in the Composite Gallery.
- Two beautiful triptychs have been added to the Triptych Gallery.
- Two beautiful new panoramas have been added to the Composite Gallery. These are all from Cape San Blas Florida.
- Two new vertical panorama prints are now offered, one of the Blue Hole, that is gorgeous, and an equally lovely Black and White of a Woodland Cascade
- Sea Oat Sunset is now retired! I look continually for a complimentary replacements for popular prints and I believe this would be its replacement. Definitely different but it has wonderful colors as well as subjects and was captured in higher resolution, should a larger print be desired.
- I have printed the last of the original Blue Hole images as a gallery wrap and expect it to be closed soon. I went to the same location to see if I could find a worthy successor to it. It has been 6 years since I made the original image and of course it has changed. A tree fell above it, limiting my compositions some what, but I really like the light play in the new one! It was also captured as a high resolution composite to allow larger prints as well as a vertical panorama which has sold at every show so far. Still the same was the paddling of the "kayakcam" and a 100 yd.. boulder scramble to get to it!
- Three new additions are now in the Black and White Gallery that I am excited about;
- My daughters and I are big Tolkien Fans! As I wander looking for images I see scenes that remind me of Peter Jacksons visualization of the series. I am starting a mini collection of these images, sorry, no trips to New Zealand but the images pop up in sometime unexpected places. These image include;
- I have just finished posting some new night sky images, including several from Florida as well as one from Tennessee;
- Yes, I am just getting caught up with some autumn images! Here is one of Mouse Creek Falls from the North Carolina side of the Smoky's. Offered in the Waterscapes Gallery.
- Each time I go into Elkmont it seems a previous image I have made is gone; due to collapse, vandalism or decay. The image titled "Disturbia" is now gone as the hotel recently burned, as well as "Stripped Away". Here is a new one of a broken window, we'll see how long it lasts. Offered in the Doors and Window Gallery.